European (EEA) students
Application and admittance procedure
Applications open: 31st October 2013
Applications close: 1st August 2014
1. Application in Studielink
If you wish to apply for a Bachelor study programme, you first have to apply through Studielink (at www.vhalllarenstein.studielink.nl), the online application system for higher education in the Netherlands.
Once you have created a Studielink account, please choose the Bachelor programme you are interested in and indicate the year you want to commence your study in.
After you have finished your application in Studielink, please send a copy of your passport (page with picture) or a copy of your ID to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about Studielink, you can download this flyer or send an e-mail to email@example.com
If you are an EU/EEA citizen and you wish to apply for a Master or Certificate programme, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Application in SIS
When you have finished your application in Studielink and VHL has received a copy of your passport or ID, you will receive a link and the login details for the VHL application portal called SIS. Please fill out the SIS portal and upload the following documents:
- a copy of official diplomas or certificates of all previous education
(secondary and University level and other relevant courses ) *
- copies of the corresponding lists of marks - transcripts of records*
- a CV / resume
- an internationally recognised certificate of proficiency in English language (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge FCE) for applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction in secondary or tertiary education **
- a letter of motivation for attending the course
- a passport-sized photo (the photo should meet the following requirements)
- a copy of your birth certificate*
- copy of ID or passport
*certification and translation of documents is required when documents are not written in one of the following languages: Dutch, English, French, Spanish or German.
** the VHL institutional TOEFL code is: 4478.
**native speakers and applicants with a German secondary school diploma do not need to provide proof of English skills.
Students already living/ studying in the Netherlands should also add the following:
- a copy of a valid resident permit (front and back)
- proof of current health insurance
For questions about the application portal, you can download this manual or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Once a completed application (including all necessary documents) has been received, the VHL admittance committee will assess your eligibility. The admittance committee will decide whether:
- You are not eligible to enter the study programme: VHL will send you a letter to inform you about this and the reasons why you could not be admitted.
- You are conditionally admitted.
In case of a positive screening of your application, you will receive an official Letter of Conditional Admittance and/or email, confirming that you fulfil the requirements and have been conditionally admitted.
The next step is to transfer the tuition fee. Your admittance becomes final when VHL has received the tuition fee from you or your sponsor or scholarship provider. The details of the VHL bank account are stated in the Letter of Conditional Admittance you received. Please make sure you transfer the tuition fee before 15th August 2014.
Upon receipt of this payment, your admission becomes final and we will send you a final Letter of Admittance to confirm this.
After you have been fully admitted, you can start making arrangements to travel to the Netherlands and VHL. Please notify your contact person about your travel arrangements and your date of arrival at VHL.
If the location of your study programme is the VHL campus in Wageningen or Velp, you will receive an introduction package with all the important information by e-mail. If your campus is located in Leeuwarden, you will receive the information package in Leeuwarden upon arrival.