Refresher course for NFP-alumni in Kenya and Ethiopia
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences in collaboration with Egerton University and Agrikom Training and Consultancy
Egerton University - Nakuru Kenya
In the framework of the Nuffic/Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP), Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Science is organising a refresher course for NFP-alumni involved in the dairy sector in Kenya or Ethiopia. All NFP-alumni from Kenya and Ethiopia who attended one of the following Master programmes or short courses between 2008-2017, and having a stake in the dairy sector, are eligible to apply:
- VHL - Master Agricultural Production Chain Management (12 months)
- VHL - Master Management of Development (12 months)
- WUR – MSc Animal Science, Agribusiness, social science or related
- PTC+ (DTC) – Dairy Husbandry and Milk Processing (6 months)
- WUR/CDI – Milking to potential (2-3 weeks)
The refresher course will be held in Nakuru, Kenya. The course is organised in collaboration with Egerton University and Agrikom Training and Consultancy from 8 July to 16 July 2019, excluding travel days. The venue will be at Egerton University.
The objectives of the refresher course as well as info on funding are mentioned in Annex A. Please note that the deadline has been extended to April 21, 2019.
Twenty-five (25) participants will be selected from the different Dutch knowledge institutions: VHL alumni 50%, WUR+WUR/CDI alumni 25%, PTC+/DTC alumni 25%. During the selection, the criteria described by Nuffic in the booklet ‘Grant Obligations and Conditions’ apply. There is also room for a few non-NFP alumni.
If you are interested in participating and you are in a position to attend, you are invited to complete the two online forms below, and send the following requirements as soon as possible to (Ms.) Karen Tuason (via email: email@example.com). Please write “Application RC Kenya – (your last name)” in the title of your email.
- Online application form.
- Online Survey - For assessing the impact of your acquired competences, we request that you fill in this questionnaire (anonymous).
- Signed motivation letter.
- Letter of recommendation from your employer which includes how the Refresher Course will add value to the organisation/NGO/ company and what kind of follow up will be given to the newly acquired competences. You may also use the attached format (Annex B).
- Maximum of 1 page: A short accompanying paper on impact of your Dutch training on: a) your career and work performance b) your organization c) dairy value chain in your area (Maximum 1 page).
- Maximum of 2 pages: A brief description of the dairy value chain in your area, indicating the involvement of your organization and yourself. Include a Lewins’ (supporting and hindering factors) analysis on dairy chain governance. Also add outcomes/impacts on one of the following crosscutting topics: chain governance, milk quality improvement, collective action/cooperatives, gender or youth involvement, dairy value chain platform, policy development, dairy innovations support, climate smart dairy practices. Mention in the paper the most visible scaling up intervention/ activity undertaken.