General admission requirements
- You should have a secondary school diploma, which is equivalent to the Dutch HAVO (or VWO) diploma combined with at least two years of work experience in a related field. Examples of equivalent diploma’s are the International Baccalaureate diploma or A-Levels. Your diploma will be evaluated after VHL has received your complete application. For more information about the Dutch evaluation of your secondary school diploma, please see the Nuffic diploma recognition.
- You should have completed at least 2 years of Bachelor-level study programme in a related field.
Specific admission requirements
Secondary school examinations in both Chemistry and Mathematics are mandatory.
All international students must provide proof of their English proficiency by submitting one of the following documents:
- Academic IELTS-test with overall band score of 6.0 and no sub-scores below 5.0;
- TOEFL test with a score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based), 78-80 (internet based);
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English* (CAE): pass at grade C or above;
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)*: pass at grade B/C or above.
Please note that tests results older than two years cannot be accepted.
The following students are exempt from providing proof of their English language proficiency:
- Native English speakers (USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, South-Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Canada (English-speaking areas). As a native English speaker from the above mentioned areas, you may be exempt from providing additional proof of English proficiency
- Applicants with a Dutch VWO diploma
- Applicants with a Dutch HAVO diploma with final grade 5.5 or higher for English
- Applicants with an International Baccalaureate with a final examination in English A Language and Literature
- Applicants from Austria, Belgium (Flanders), Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Norway, Romania, Slovakia and Sweden who have obtained one of the following diplomas, including a final examination in English
- Applicants with a prior education taught in English are exempted from submitting an IELTS, TOEFL, CAE of FCE test and instead need to do the Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) and score B2
If you do not meet the admission requirements or you are not sure whether you do, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.