Bachelor's degree or equivalent in life sciences or related fields.
Two years of relevant work experience on middle or higher management positions. In case a prospective student has less than two years of experience, his request for enrolment will be discussed by the Student Service Centre.
All international students must provide proof of their English proficiency by submitting one of the following documents:
- Academic IELTS-test with overall band score of 6.0 and no sub-scores below 5.0;
- TOEFL test with a score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based), 78-80 (internet based);
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English* (CAE): pass at grade C or above;
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)*: pass at grade B/C or above.
Please note that tests results older than two years cannot be accepted.
What happens if you are not able to provide the above official language test results? If your previous education was taught in English and you can proof this with a medium of instruction statement from the university you can still apply. You then need to do an alternative online language test. After you hand in your medium of instruction statement you will receive further instructions from us.
The following students are exempt from providing proof of their English language proficiency:
- Native English speakers (USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, South-Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Canada (English-speaking areas). As a native English speaker from the above mentioned areas, you may be exempt from providing additional proof of English proficiency.
- Applicants with a Dutch VWO diploma
- Applicants with a Dutch HAVO diploma with final grade 6 or higher for English
- Applicants with an International Baccalaureate with a final examination in English A Language and Literature.
- Applicants from Austria, Belgium (Flanders), Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Norway, Romania, Slovakia and Sweden who have obtained one of the following diplomas, including a final examination in English.
Computer literacy (Windows, Word, Excel, and Internet use) is highly recommended.