All international students applying for an English-taught study programme must provide proof of their English proficiency by submitting one of the following documents:
- Academic IELTS-test with an overall band score of 6.0 and no sub-scores below 5.0;
- TOEFL test with a score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based), 78-80 (internet based);
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English* (CAE): pass at grade C or above;
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)*: pass at grade B/C or above.
Please note that tests results older than two years cannot be accepted.
The following students are exempt from providing proof of their English language proficiency:
- Native English speakers (USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and Canada (English-speaking areas) and Master applicants from South Africa, Uganda, Kenya and Zimbabwe. As a native English speaker from the above mentioned areas, you may be exempt from providing additional proof of English proficiency.
- Applicants with a sufficient Dutch diploma.
- Applicants with an International Baccalaureate with and final examination in English A Language and Literature.
- Applicants from Austria, Belgium (Flanders), Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Norway, Romania, Slovakia and Sweden who have obtained one of the following diplomas, including a final examination in English.