Short Course and Orange Knowledge Programme
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) is a Scholarship Programme funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is targeted at professionals from selected countries who, after their studies in the Netherlands, will be able to further develop and strengthen the organizations at which they work. Please find the information and instructions for submitting your scholarship request below.
Before you start applying, please take note of the following general conditions:
- You have to be a national of one of the OKP countries listed here.
- You must be employed at the time of the application and your employer must provide an employer statement.
- Important: there are selected focus areas for each country, applications that fall within the focus areas of your country are prioritised when the scholarships are assigned. So please check these areas before you start writing your motivation letter.
Application process for the Nuffic OKP Scholarship
1) Submit your Short Course application at Van Hall Larenstein
You first have to submit your application for admission to a Short Course Programme at Van Hall Larenstein University via this link We will perform an eligibility check and let you know whether you can be admitted to the Programme.
To complete this application, you need to upload:
- color copy of official diplomas or certificates of all previous education (secondary and university level and other relevant courses ) *
- copies of the corresponding lists of marks - transcripts of records*
- CV with a detailed description of your work experience
- letter of motivation of approximately 150-250 words. Please use the Europass format to complete your CV.
- internationally recognized certificate of proficiency in English language (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge CAE of FCE) **
- color copy of ID or passport
*certification and translation of documents is required when documents are not written in one of the following languages: Dutch, English, French, Spanish, German or Afrikaans.
** the Van Hall Larenstein institutional TOEFL code is: 4478.
**Please check the specific admission requirements of your study Programme to see whether or not you might be exempted from providing proof of your English language proficiency. If you are not exempted, it is mandatory to provide proof of English proficiency with one of the mentioned certificates.
Important: In your CV or motivation letter, you will need to state that you wish to apply for the Nuffic OKP scholarship. This is to ensure Van Hall Larenstein knows whether it needs to send you the instructions for the OKP application. Please also briefly explain in your CV or motivation letter why you would like to receive the OKP scholarship.
2) Register in the Delta scholarship application system
After Van Hall Larenstein has performed the eligibility check, you will receive a letter (email) informing you about the results. Candidates who have been found eligible to be admitted to a study programme at Van Hall Larenstein University, will receive an email with a link to the Delta application system and detailed instructions on how to submit your scholarship application.
The Delta application system will open 13 May - 30 June 2020, 4PM.
Please note that the set of documents required for the application at Van Hall Larenstein and for the scholarship differ. Regarding the OKP application, you will need to prepare a number of additional documents and upload them in the Delta system. The set of required documents for the OKP application includes:
- Employer statement
- Government statement (if applicable)
- Admission letter of your Supervisor
- Copy of passport
- Possible other documents. The system will inform the candidate which documents are required.
After you have submitted your OKP application in Delta, your request will be processed by Nuffic after which the Dutch embassies will check the eligibility and asses your application. Van Hall Larenstein will inform you about the results and the next steps, once we receive the results from Nuffic. ( end of September)
We advise you to start applying for the Short Course programme at Van Hall Larenstein as soon as possible. This way, you can make sure your application will be processed before the Delta scholarship application portal opens.
Please bear in mind that you need to agree with the rules and regulations of the OKP. Please consult the Obligations for OKP Fellowship Holders.