The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences participates in the programme to provide a platform for international talent. The scholarship is intended for excellent students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to study a Bachelor programme at Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences.
Are you ready for the chance of a lifetime? Apply for the Holland Scholarship!
The scholarship amounts to € 10,000. If you are granted a scholarship, you will receive it in the first year of your studies.
- You hold a nationality from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- You have been accepted to a full-time Van Hall Larenstein Bachelor programme.
- You have not studied at a higher education institution in The Netherlands before.
- You have a good knowledge of the English language (at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
- You have excellent study results (e.g. at least GPA 3.0)
- Your personal statement shows your personal motivation, future plans and the impact of your professional development for your home country and The Netherlands (250-500 words).
We welcome applications from all over the world. Preference will be given to applicants from the focus countries of Van Hall Larenstein: China, Brazil, the United States, India, Indonesia and Ethiopia.
You can now apply for the 2021-2022 academic year. The deadline for application is 1 May 2021.
How to apply
To apply for the Holland Scholarship you must first be accepted to a Bachelor programme at Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences. You will have to apply for a Van Hall Larenstein programme through the regular online application procedure. When you receive a conditional admission letter from Van Hall Larenstein, you can fill in the Holland Scholarship application form.
You are only eligible for the Holland Scholarship when you have been conditionally admitted to a study programme at Van Hall Larenstein. The university will select candidates. Selected candidates will be contacted directly.