Welcome to Van Hall Larenstein!
Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable world and work on your personal development? Study at Van Hall Larenstein, the most sustainable University of Applied Sciences in Holland! We offer a range of unique English-taught Bachelor, Master and Certificate programmes in fields in which Holland performs at the top. So whether you are interested in nutrition or international trade, are looking for a bachelor degree in the equine sports industry or want to work on the United Nations Sustainability Goals, we have the right programme for you!
Van Hall Larenstein has close connections to the international business world and NGO’s. This allows you to apply the theory into practice: besides obtaining highly valued work experience during internships abroad, students go on excursions at companies where they work on real life cases and we invite professionals over to give guest lectures. We strongly believe that international experience is crucial in the development of our students as intercultural competences are required in almost all career fields. Right from the start you will develop a professional network of students and colleagues from all over the world.
The lines of communication in our university are short: our students work in small classes with personal attention from the lecturers. Our programmes are designed to give you the opportunity to make your own choices. This will prepare you for a fascinating career in a professional field that really matters!
Why choose Van Hall Larenstein?
- The most sustainable University of Applied Sciences in The Netherlands
- Unique study programmes in fields in which The Netherlands is the absolute best: no.1 exporter in Europe (agriculture, food & flowers)
- Combine theory with practice
- Over 4000 students and home to more than 40 different nationalities
- Professional orientation: VHL has close connections to the business world and NGO’s. Through projects, excursions and international internships, our students work on real life cases which enhances their career possibilities
- Small classes, personal attention and team work with close student-teacher and student-student relationships
- Two amazing locations: In Velp we are located on the Larenstein Estate: a modern building surrounded by luscious greenery, only a few minutes away from the vibrant city centre of Arnhem. We have second location in Leeuwarden, European capital of culture in 2018. Leeuwarden is a student city with loads of international students, with canals flowing through the city and also closely located to the Dutch islands.